The nunciature was the first and probably only building designed specifically for a legation. The Vatican`s envoy would have enjoyed a good atmosphere here not only for representing and working but also for living and relaxing. The first storey had a chancellery, an office room, a parlor, a dining room, and a “winter garden”, separated by sliding doors. The second storey had sleeping rooms, another office, and a chapel. However, because of internal political troubles the nuncio did not take up residence here. In 1932 the building was accommodated to a children`s hospital.
Photos by L. Mykolaitis and Kaunas artists` house