Objects

Submit location
Resize the map
184 Results
Default
  • Date (Newest first)
  • Date (Oldest first)
  • Title A to Z
  • Title Z to A
Refine Search
Search by Keyword
Routes
Year Built
Architect
District
Loading

Movie theatre “Aušra” was opened in 1939 in Žaliakalnis. For a short period of time it was the most modern and beautiful movie theatre in Kaunas with 800 seats until the emergence of “Romuva” in the city center.…

This was the first building built especially for a movie theatre in Kaunas. Although cinema in Kaunas was not new before, from 1907 to 1926 it was not shown in buildings built specifically for cinemas, but only in buildings adapted to them, usually in various halls.…

The architecture of the memorial museum building symbolizes a land shattered by the pain of tens of thousands of people killed. Inside the building, the most characteristic features of brutalism architecture are clearly recognizable – huge rough reinforced concrete surfaces with casting pattern, ins…

After moving to Kulautuva, the new director of the summer resort V. Augustauskas built a residential house, where he not only lived but also worked – the resort directorate was also located here. Today, this building houses the community center of Kulautyva.…

In 1939, the construction of a pseudo-romanic style church with a square tower started in Zapyškis. However, construction was not completed until 1942, and it opened its doors only in the Soviet era. The walls of the building are decorated with the modernized elements of historical styles typical fo…

"Ateitininkai" is a Catholic youth organization that, in addition to social and educational activities, took care of the material support of its members, including students, and tried to create conditions for poor young people to study. In 1928 the building, which opened its doors, became the organi…

Designed by architect J. Staskevičius, a two-storey administrative center consists of two separate buildings. Although both buildings have separate entrances, they are connected by a corridor. At this connection, the vertical accent of this complex rises to the top – a water supply tower with an obs…

This property with two houses in Parodos Street belonged to engineer Stasys Čiurlionis. First of all, he built a wooden, homestead type house in 1920. Later, the three-storey modern house was built in 1933.…
\n
Infos
Featured image

Select your featured image

GPS coordinates

Image gallery